Sunday, June 28, 2009

Things I Love: Pink Edition

Today I received a gift from Erin and it inspired me to tell you about one of my favorite things: flamingos! About 15 years ago my dad got a pair of plastic lawn flamingos that someone had put by the curb for the garbage men. Who would want to throw these out?


We brought them to the folk festival and used them to brighten our campsite. Over the years we got more and more flamingo items and the other members of the campsite contributed as well. Now it's a flamingo paradise!


I have some flamingos around the house as well. We have two flamingo shot glasses. The one on the left is from the Flamingo hotel in Las Vegas; the one on the right is from Florida.


A few years ago for the Dude's birthday I found these cool floating flamingo coozies on ebay.


Today Erin gave me awesome flamingo plates!


Of course none of this stuff is as great as seeing flamingos in person, which I did on my birthday this year when the Dude and I went to the zoo. Lots of flamingos!


I wonder if one of them would like to come home and join our menagerie. Until them, I'll have to stick to seeing the occasional roseate spoonbill! What's your favorite exotic animal?

2 comments:

Erin said...

The liger. It's pretty much my favorite animal.

Unknown said...

hahaha erin. hmmm i like monkeys. are they exotic? how bout the blue-butt baboon? yes, thats the technical name.