Monday, February 14, 2011

Please Take Me Back

So you may have noticed that I haven't posted in, well, over a month. Sorry. I thought on this Valentine's Day all about love I'd beg you to take me back if I promise to post more regularly. And to send you flowers and chocolates. (well, maybe not that second part) I will also hold true to the spirit of begging to get you back by making lavish promises, or in this case, future blog posts.

Here's what I have coming up:
Lots of book reviews: highlights include Tracy Chevalier's Remarkable Creatures, Ree Drummond's (aka Pioneer Woman) Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, and Elizabeth Kostova's the Swan Thieves.
Pictures of my pets being cute: lately Max and Layla have started snuggling together in between sparring sessions and it's adorable!
Pirates: Arrr matey, I saw the pirate exhibit at the Houston Museum of Natural Sciences.

And to bring this post full circle, here is my awesome Valentine's Day card from the Dude. Yes, that's a pirate. Apparently he found the card in the children's section. He knows me well!

3 comments:

saroy said...

PW's novel is on my list too!

Becca said...

I read so much of PW's story on her blog - how much additional content is in the book?

ACQ said...

Becca, it's probably about 50/50 new and old content. The first 2/3 of the book is dating up until their marriage, which is mostly blog material with a little extra. The last third is all new. You're welcome to borrow my copy if you'd like!